VCMG + 20 new DM









Depeche Mode have already been hard at work before they return to the studio to record their new album. Singer Dave Gahan tells Rolling Stone, “We’ve got about 20 songs demoed and we’re going to begin recording at the end of next month”.

Gahan says Depeche Mode co-founder Martin Gore will “step up” his production responsibilities from previous albums, but balked when Dave said he should produce the album. Gore has a side project with former Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke about to release a techno album, so the new Depeche Mode effort will be produced by Ben Hillier.

Gore and Clarke formed VCMG over 30 years after Clarke left Depeche Mode. Gore told Rolling Stone, “It really was a bit of a shock when I found an email from Vince one day… I mean, I don’t think I’ve ever received an email from Vince. But I got one, and it just said very simply, ‘I’m thinking of making a techno album. Are you interested in collaborating? There are no deadlines or pressures. What do you think?’ … I thought it sounded like it could be fun… It seemed like a good thing to try out.” VCMG’s first album titled Ssss is due out later this month.

In an interview with The Quietus, Martin Gore said his stint with VCMG will ultimately be good for Depeche Mode. “I think I went back to actually writing for the band with much more vigour afterwards, because I had taken such a break. It gave me a real creative impetus.” Gore continued, “Apart from the fact that I came back to the actual song writing with more energy, you have to remember as well that I’m also a guitar player… Working on the VCMG record, obviously I didn’t look at a guitar for that whole period because it just wasn’t right, so the moment I started getting back to writing songs for the band then I’m picking up the guitar, I’m going on the piano, working on chords, just working completely differently.”

Gahan told Rolling Stone recording the new Depeche Mode album will be, “a very different process from what it used to be. You’ve got to put interesting people around you, you’ve got to work with people who are gonna inspire you to take the songs you’ve written into a completely different direction, because there’s nothing more boring than going to the studio and predictably knowing what is going to happen.”

All of that bodes well for the new Depeche Mode album which the band is hoping to release before the end of 2012.



via

http://jackseattle.radio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment